Gotta have the right board for the conditions....Now that I've got new knees, I always tote a good quiver along :+) (photo originally posted by my Knee Joint Replacement Sister, AKA: Surf Sister)!!!
I certainly hope all is well with those reading this blog...keep the faith! It's been over a year since my last post; I felt the need to communicate...
Well it's actually been 2 years and almost 3 months since the surgeries with 203 surf sessions since I got back on the board post surgery (see December 22, 2009 post below). Surf sessions generally are at least 3 decent waves with waves ranging in size from 2 foot to over-head. As my legs have become stronger (thus greater confidence), I have pushed the surf envelope a bit harder.
So what's new:
- 148 more surf sessions since the last time I posted
- My legs are stronger
- I can bend legs a bit more, havn't tested flexion in over a year since last Doctor visit
- Left leg still bends a bit more than right; about 138 degrees vs 133 degrees (some light pain when trying to push the right knee)
- Exercise: walking/hiking, stair climbing at work (2 steps at a time going up) some biking, perfect push-ups, Total Gym (at home), stretching, bending, and surfing
- Health products: same as before (Max One, MaxGxL, and Max N-Fuse (http://LivetotheMax.tv)
- Motivation: God, family, health, strength, peace, and waves!
- other than that...status-quo (please see last post and others including first post for my history)
It's so wonderful to be able to walk and hike, surfing is icing on the cake!
Please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or post to this blog!
Peace and Blessings!