Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Let's Go Surfing!!! with TKR, of Course!



Yep, that's me Surfing in Southern Nicaragua at Playa Iguana, Rio Colorado (Nov. 27, 2008)! By that afternoon, during my second session, my right knee was swollen and unstable. Must of been the 2 days of golfing and 4 days of surfing! Between the arthritis and the failed ACL, I was done. The time for Bilateral Total Knee Replacement was at hand, hence my journey to my BTKR surgery that was completed on July 27, 2009.

Note the 2 custom carbon fiber knee braces in the photo that were supposed to hold my joints together. Now that I have new Knees....NO MORE BRACES! YES, I will REHAB to the MAX!

Stay tuned for latest updates, I went to PT today and I get my staples out this afternoon....SHOWER time!

Peace,

Tom

For more Information about Surfing in Southern Nicaragua, please visit:
http://www.NicaraguaSurfCondo.net and http://www.NicaraguaSurfCondos.com

2 comments:

  1. That will be the most glorious shower you've ever taken in your life. I remember not wanting get out of the shower. The only reason I did was because it hurt too much to stand. Otherwise I probably would have stayed in there until the hot water ran out.

    Now that I'm back on the surfboard, I can truly say this surgery is a miracle.

    Keep on keepin' on, Tom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That first shower after surgery feels soooooooo good. Enjoy Tom. I just got my Max GXL I will let you know how it works.
    Andrew aka Fish

    ReplyDelete